12.21.2012

heart birthday, 5 years

 Jumping for joy on her heart birthday!
I am short on words tonight.  After a challenging week, I'm dreaming of crawling into bed and sinking into a deep sleep.  But I didn't want to put off taking a moment to celebrate my Vivian in all her glory on her heart birthday.  I am so grateful Vivian was born in a time when her heart could be repaired.  Open heart surgery was the first of many major challenges our girl tackled in her young life - and she did it with her signature feist and sweetness.  
We made a heart pizza tonight, followed by "crunch-a munch-a bunch-a" ice cream for dessert (she's been planning this dessert for her heart birthday since summer - it's ice cream with cookie crumbles, chocolate chips, banana mash, cherries and berries).  She and Luke made each other giggle across the dinner table, we read a Christmas book and Vince tucked her into bed where I heard them playing the "animal game" before she quickly slipped into a cozy slumber.
It gets easier each year to take for granted all that I wondered about and longed for in those early days - a vivacious, talking, walking, listening, engaging girl.  But remembering is such an important part of her story, and mine.










1 comment:

Kristi said...

Happy Heart-i-versary, Viv! And to you and Vince, Hannah :)
FIVE years... can't even believe that. I love that Viv has been planning tonight's dessert since summer!
Love all the pics of both of your (younger) sweeties and hope that you are slumbering peacefully as I am typing this.
(I love the sentence about remembering is an important part of her story... and mine. LOVE.)