9.19.2012

Backlog, Again

Instagram is pretty much killing this blog.  The least I can do is transfer our little instagram moments here.
(Or is it just this season of life where there are not enough quiet minutes for me to think, let alone write about the endless never completed thoughts in my head?)

So here's what's been happening in these parts:

 Good suburban clouding.  Delicious, really.
I just love these kids.  I love being their mom.
Happy twine - a surprise from vince's aunt - she knew twine would make me happy.
  
Bubbles!
 And more bubbles!  The three of us couldn't stop smiling!
Terrarium making was good for my soul.
Vince and I finished watching Friday Night Lights.  Have you watched it? It was so, so good.  We had a series finale celebration dinner (shiner bock baby back ribs, beer and alamo freezes for dessert).  I miss watching it.
We were at a birthday party and as it typical for my girl, she needed to decompress with a book (or five).  A fellow party goer said, "It's like she's a New York Times editor and the copy isn't quite up to par."  The girl is serious about her books, what can I say?
 Saturday morning is pancake morning.  Vivian requested a star. 
 Classic Luke
 Sunday afternoon love
 Backyard Boy
This picture makes me laugh.  Our Friday afternoon library trips mean different things to different people, clearly.
 Oh, these pens.  Love.
 My Lukey had a little surgery.  It was a really hard day for me; he soared through it. 
 More amazing clouding.  Oh, my goodness.
 Terrorizing the faerie garden while Viv's at school.
 Um, do you think it's time for his mother to buy him some clothes that fit?!
 
A catnap in my arms.  I swoon.
Our calendar said it was Grandparents Day so used it as an excuse to bake and make surprise deliveries.
 Blooming air plant surprise.
 Sibs, watching a construction site.
 Gym Kid!
 It's starting to feel like fall.
 An impromptu post-swimming lesson ice cream date with Daddy.
"Mommy, can I do happy art outside before quiet time?"  YES, my dear.  Yes, you may.

3 comments:

Susannah said...

i love instagram, but i also love when you blog- especially because to see all of the snippets of life together in a post or a couple of posts feels like i am hanging out with you. :) some of these shots aer quite magical, my friend!

Kristi said...

Ok... LOVE all of these. I am so behind commenting. But what I saw when I came back tonight from the computer rather than my phone is something I CLEARLY overlooked upon the first glance. Luke had a little... SURGERY? What? OF course harder on you than him... aren't they always. What was it, friend? My mamaheart and friendheart jumped at the words. thinking of you (late, of course) and sad I couldn't offer love and support at the time.

I agree with Susannah... love when you blog (still haven't let myself become addicted to instagram or pinterest, lol!) and some of these shots are, indeed, magical!

Victoria Nelson said...

I LOVE watching you be a Mom, and see your heart. It's a beautiful thing.
And I echo Kristi. Surgery?? =( I'm so sorry my friends.
Loved seeing you recently. Can't wait to see you again soon when Catherine comes to visit.
Love,
V