8.21.2012

First Day of School

We have had such a lovely summer.  In the beginning, it was daunting for me to have ten weeks of mostly schedule-less days looming.  But it ended up being just the right mix of quiet days at home and in the backyard, adventures, time with friends and a few weeks of summer camp at Viv's old school.  Last week Vivian mentioned something to the effect of "Mommy, I'm tired of summer.  I'm ready to go back to school."  Perfect timing, darling!  The first day of school arrived with this kid making up happy songs about going back to see her teachers and friends and saying things like, "I'm so excited to go back to school I could burst!"




4 comments:

Calyn said...

She is darling!!!

Jujube said...

Go Vivian! Jubilee has the same backpack!

aka-mama said...

love her back to school enthusiasm!

Susannah said...

look at your big girl. she is beautiful hannah, and her beautiful insides just burst out through her smile!