2.23.2012

Luke {10 months}


Somebody tell this boy to start listening to his mother!
10 months old?
Really?
(I am seriously having issues this fact.  Truly don't know what to do with this information.)

Our brown chair photos were once again foiled by your desire to be moving and my inability to focus the camera and keep one hand on you at the same time.  You quickly went for the Valentine's Day decorations on the window and I noticed the dark brown baby hair you were born with is gone from the nape of your neck and you've got quite a head of very light brown fuzz.

In spite of the fact that you are not listening to me about this growing up deal, sweet boy, you just keep getting more fun, more sweet, more nestled into my heart.

I have loved seeing the bond between you and your sister strengthen - you stand at the bathtub and just laugh and laugh at the sight of her; you pull yourself to stand next to her and take her hand; you find her in the room and go to her.

You have cut two more teeth, are working on the next set and have also battled some sloooooowed down digestion.  After many dietary changes that did nothing to help, the doctor recommended some gentle medicine to help - and boy, has it!
You're back to eating a full range of yumminess - and as long as a little of that medicine makes it into your morning oatmeal, you're good to go.  You could eat your weight in tofu and cheese. (I wonder how often I neglect to put your bib on you?)
You bounce to music, say something that sounds like "hi" to Vivian only, are finally taking two good predictable naps in your crib (nicely worked around Vivian's school schedule), love to nurse (I still love it, too), observe people and places carefully and precisely, put everything in your mouth, flail quite a lot during diaper changes and basically make our family's life happy and fun and special.
I lovelovelovelovelove you my sweetest Lukey Pie.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Happy 10 months cute, cute boy!

Hannah, if Luke ever starts listening to you about not growing up so fast you must share the secret with me because Tyler is not listening either!

Kristi said...

I SO can't wait to meet this little man! I love him so muchyou already!!!

Kristi said...

Ugh... commenting from my phone and it added in "muchyou" instead of leaving it as "much." grrr!!!