1.27.2012

Joy in January : Swansong




Two years ago, Vivian and I were in the Family Center of her old school waiting for her therapy appointment to start.  A family sat on the couches with their cutie pie toddler son and sweetie pie baby girl, just two months old and diagnosed with hearing loss.  They were visiting the school, navigating next steps for their family.  We chatted a bit, found out we both lived in the same town and then found out we lived two! blocks! away! from one another.  Pretty wild, considering the school's kids come from all over the Bay Area.

What followed was a friendship consisting of many late afternoon meet ups at the park, witching hour playtimes and even a few mommy only adventures to antique fairs and paint your own pottery places.  We have celebrated walking, talking and more.  These dearheart friends just moved to Ohio and we miss them something awful.  But I am so grateful for our serendipitous meeting and the relationships I know will last for years to come.

 my favorite picture of the kids, from brunch in the Fall

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Adorable picture of them eating together!

Bittersweet... so glad for your time as near-neighbors and knowing that your friendship will endure the miles, but at the same time, so bummed for how much you're missing them.

aka-mama said...

a witching hour companion is a special friend indeed! I am sorry for your loss!

kate said...

only just, seeing this, as the internet was just set up. But man we miss you guys! You have been such a great friend to me and we are totally in love with the whole family.

That photo of the kiddos is going to have to go up in the new house!

We will miss you, but I know we will see each other again and stay in touch.

xoxo