11.03.2011

03. Thankful

for the library.
 Thursday is library day.  We go once a week to keep up with this girl's voracious appetite for books.
And I'm finally taking advantage of the magical "hold" feature at the library.  Now I can just walk over to the shelf by the front desk and my books are waiting for me.  Brilliant.  I'm thankful to carve out a little reading time for me before bed each night. 

7 comments:

aka-mama said...

The library would have been my 01.thankful. We go on Tuesdays. I love that d likes to fill the two bags full of books. I love that he likes to "read" them himself and I love that every bedtime requires one more story.

What is the book on the bottom of your pile? Can't wait to hear what you think of "the help"

hannah m said...

Joan, it is
The Death and Life of the Great AmericanSchool System: How Testing and Choice are Undermining Education by Diame Ravitch

Had to return it before finishing it (someone else had placed a hold on it) and I wanted to finish The Help (so good), but I'll be checkIng it out again to finish. VERY
interesting.

Kristi said...

Where do you find the time to read that stack?! :-)

Love the pics of Viv immersed in her pile of library treasures... so much.

greta ott said...

i love the online request and hold! :)
loving your daily posts and pictures.

hannah m said...

K, I totally don't find the time! I get a little overzealous making holds. :-) I just love having a big ol' stack of books (and will have to finish a couple of those another time)!

Molly said...

The library really is such a cool thing when you think about it. We need to make a set day because I never remember to go unless something is on hold for us.

I'm waiting for "The Help" and have been waiting for a couple of months now. I hope it's worth the wait!

Mer said...

So glad you are going to read the Help. It's so good. The audiobook is even better!