6.07.2010

Joy in June : Nap Time

After a wonderful morning with dear friends, Viv fell happily asleep for a nap.  I piled cherries and watermelon into my prettiest tea cup and curled up with a beach read that has me longing for England (Cornwall and Devon, specifically).  Sigh. 
I strongly believe in Viv's nap time being my time for rest or creativity or quiet and today's was especially summery and enjoyable (though I did transfer some laundry and put new sheets on the bed, too).

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I like your rule about Viv's naptime being time for you to rest or be creative... or both! :-)
And, I fully intend to enjoy fresh cut fruit from a pretty teacup soon!

Victoria Nelson said...

I would be more than happy to bring over some english tea, scones and clotted cream for you next time you read your book =)
love you girl. glad you take that time out. it's very much needed for us mamas.
xo,
V

Abi Roman said...

Hey! Don't forget London sweetie - we have a teacup right here with your name on it. Sorry I've not been in touch - things have been crazy as usual but Jake is impressed by his girl Viv's speech and sends a big kiss (unfortunately they tend to be open mouthed and very sloppy right now but we're happily working on it!)
Lots of love, your sister across the pond. Abi xxx