What?
I love you soooooooo much, sweet girl! That's what! I love you so much that my nose tingles.
I have been a little remiss in keeping up with new stuff you're doing this month, Vivian. Mostly I think that's because you're in such a flurry of development that it's hard to keep up:
You are cruising, climbing and just started walking with a push toy. This has been SO fun, especially since you are so motivated to be "up".
You are noticing music more - you sign "music" then clap and then air snap (always in this order) when you hear a song you like. Most recently, you've added some head bopping and foot lifting after the air snapping. It's awesome.
You are OBSESSED with the book "All in a Day" and it still takes me longer than it should to realize what you're so emphatically asking for (BUBUBUBUBUBUBUBUBU!). We look at this book and talk about the pictures at least three times a day. You like to look for the egg in the pictures.
We have had some silly birds jumping up at our windows lately. They bump into the glass over and over again. So now, even if we're not in the room, you hear the "thump," point to your ear ("I hear that!") and then sign bird and say "buh".
New ASL signs this month: deer, porcupine, outside, hot, happy, family, swim, read, aunt, uncle, egg, chicken, peas, sun, lion, airplane
New words this month: outside ("ut ut"), hot ("ot"), book ("bu"), auntie ("a-tee"), grandma ("a-mama"), grandpa ("bupa"), Hannah ("Anna" - her friend, not me :-)), yellow ("lelo"), bird (buh")
You still love your baths. You love people. You make me smile and laugh each day and each day I am thankful to my core that I get to be your mama. Every. single. day.
9 minutes {May 9, 2009 5:36 PM}
I love you soooooooo much, sweet girl! That's what! I love you so much that my nose tingles.
I have been a little remiss in keeping up with new stuff you're doing this month, Vivian. Mostly I think that's because you're in such a flurry of development that it's hard to keep up:
You are cruising, climbing and just started walking with a push toy. This has been SO fun, especially since you are so motivated to be "up".
You are noticing music more - you sign "music" then clap and then air snap (always in this order) when you hear a song you like. Most recently, you've added some head bopping and foot lifting after the air snapping. It's awesome.
You are OBSESSED with the book "All in a Day" and it still takes me longer than it should to realize what you're so emphatically asking for (BUBUBUBUBUBUBUBUBU!). We look at this book and talk about the pictures at least three times a day. You like to look for the egg in the pictures.
We have had some silly birds jumping up at our windows lately. They bump into the glass over and over again. So now, even if we're not in the room, you hear the "thump," point to your ear ("I hear that!") and then sign bird and say "buh".
New ASL signs this month: deer, porcupine, outside, hot, happy, family, swim, read, aunt, uncle, egg, chicken, peas, sun, lion, airplane
New words this month: outside ("ut ut"), hot ("ot"), book ("bu"), auntie ("a-tee"), grandma ("a-mama"), grandpa ("bupa"), Hannah ("Anna" - her friend, not me :-)), yellow ("lelo"), bird (buh")
You still love your baths. You love people. You make me smile and laugh each day and each day I am thankful to my core that I get to be your mama. Every. single. day.
9 minutes {May 9, 2009 5:36 PM}
You are surrounded by books. Is there anywhere you'd rather be? You carefully turn pages and read Goodnight Moon.
We move over to the couch for some cruising time. You play with your farm animals and make the horse clip clop across the couch cushion.
You walk with the walker your friend loaned you. When your PT was here on Friday, she helped us weigh it down with a box so that it doesn't slide out from under you. Today you push and walk, push and walk. The coordination of each part of this physical task is becoming more intuitive to you.
9 minutes are up.


3 comments:
Yes!!! That's how Reu learned to walk with a push toy, weigh it down (we were also given a Radio Flyer Wagon walker which was so sturdy and clicked with each step so it didn't fall down). Love seeing more of your home btw.. the combination of aqua/eau de nil and brown is one of my favourites. Happy mother's day to you!!!
Your words bring tears to my eyes. What a gift these letters are to your daughter. You are such a gift to her. And now you will all have these moments and these feelings forever.
Happy 9th Viv! We Love You Sweet Girl!!
Hugs,
Erin and Hannah
Vivian, these pictures of you are just precious! They capture your personality and spunkiness so well! I can't believe how much you have grown and progressed in the past few months. Happy 21 months, Sweet Vivian!
Post a Comment