3.09.2009

Dear Vivian {Month 19}


Happy 19 months, Big Girl. I just adore your sweet face!



Our brown chair photos days may be drawing to a close. You love to happily wiggle and writhe in the chair, and it's hard for me to take your birthday photo one-handed when my other hand is on your leg in case you fall (hence the blurry pictures). Today you very gracefully peeked over the edge of the chair at the bookshelf and then slid down off the chair on your tummy.
I think it's fair to say the crawling ship has sailed. You scoot with utter efficiency and your PT pointed out that you're old enough to know what you want. So we're letting go of the crawling (though did have a couple crawling sprints over the weekend with daddy) and focusing on STANDING, CRUISING and WALKING! You've always preferred that stuff anyway - you like to see the world as you move and groove. You love your books, you love eating strawberries, you like to pretend you're talking on the phone, you kiss everything and everyone and you smile and laugh with ease. I absolutely LOVE spending our days together, PIC!
I'm pulling back on the ASL a little bit lately (a constant internal dilemma of mine) but you still picked up some new ones this month: boy, girl, home, frog, orange, strawberry, butterfly, walk, yellow, turtle. One day when we were eating you signed "orange crackers" all on your own - you were asking for your goldfish crackers. Expressed language now consists of : mama and dada (you often sign it as you say it lately), all done (now with the /l/ sound), up, bye bye, uh oh and nana (banana).


9 minutes {March 9, 2009 2:32 PM}

We're outside on the porch today. It's breezy but warm in the sun.


You pull the penguin and frog out from your toy and put them down the spiral.

You hear a bird - a crow - and fuss for a moment as if you're frightened, but then you point to your ear to tell me "I heard that."

You scoot over to your hippo walker/scooter and play with it for awhile. I comment on the wind.

You pick up the lens cap from the camera, then the frog, and knock them together a bit.

The phone rings inside the house. You point to your ear, acknowledging that you heard it. Then you pretend the lens cap is your phone, putting it up to your ear and talking. You put it down the spiral toy, pick it up again as if it's a phone and then you kiss it.


You look up towards the tree, hear birds and sign bird. The timer beeps and you help me push stop. 9 minutes are up.



After the 9 minutes you picked up your oatmeal box and started dumping out the blocks through the square I cut out of the lid. I enjoy this action shot with the "B" block falling out.

11 comments:

Jujube said...

ohmigosh, Vivian is absolutely adorable in her pigtails. Happy 19th months! So many milestones accomplished, surrounded by so much love from a caring, hardworking mommy!:)
we can't wait until we're done with that canned fake milk too.

Kristi said...

It's amazing to look at her now and all that she is doing... all the changes... she's growing from a baby into a big girl! A true toddler with a growing portfolio of blurry photos!!! (As she should have!)
I can't believe how well she hears... so awesome! So strong, so big, so smart and so healthy!!

May I be so bold as to ask about your internal dilemna regarding siging?

Happy 19 months, Miss V!!!

greta ott said...

I can't get over how big & grown up she seems. I love the lens cap phone. (Malley often uses my calculator as a phone) And I am so jealous of those piggy tails!!

Happy Happy Spring Days you three!

xo
greta

Crystal M. said...

I love her pigtails!!
Keep mommy on her toes Ms. Vivian!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Anonymous said...

oh SO cute! i love how she talks on the phone and kisses everyone and everything. i'll take a kiss! :) her vocabulary is so impressive, and "orange cracker" is genius! i love 9 minutes almost as much as i loved j in j. reading your blog makes me happy - thank you h + v! :)

Anonymous said...

Way too cute:)
Love, from Sara and Maddie's Aunt Karen

Anonymous said...

i love that she specifically points out to you that she hears something. so smart. :)

Anonymous said...

Sweet Vivian! You are doing so well - each milestone a mini celebration. And way to go Hannah - what a loving and hard-working mama you are.

-Libby

Victoria Nelson said...

after moriah keeping me on my toes all day, i'm only now able to finally check up on my vivian. and oh how much i smiled when i saw these pigtails. you melt my heart sweet viv. i love you so much!
love,
auntie victoria

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Happy 19th-Month Birthday, Sweet Vivian! I just love all the new pictures of you, especially the ones of you answering the "phone"! You are SOOO precious!!

Catherine L said...

I'm so behind on all your news (no essential day nurse for 3 weeks of the last 2 months) and there's so much to read about. Am so longing for the day Reuben can say those words too. I think her expressive spoken language is just wonderful! It sounds as if you're going to focus on that rather than signing, right? Looking at your pics, it's as if Vivian has suddenly grown into a toddler overnight!