8.26.2008

Flower Girl

My dear, dear friend Jennifer got married this weekend to a wonderful guy named Greg (they are amazing together).


at the rehearsal

on the wedding day

Vivian was their flower girl, or rather, their wagon queen. Jennifer created an amazing wagon for Viv to sit in - complete with blue and silver covered pillows lining the bottom, back and sides. At the rehearsal on Friday night, we did a practice run and the instant Vivian was seated in that thing she crossed her ankles (she is a fancy girl, after all) and smiled at her large collection of oooohing and aaaahing onlookers like she was made to sit in a fancy wagon. And she gave me this look that said something like Ummmm, mom, why is this the first time in my year on this earth that I have been seated in this amazing wagon - I was born to ride in this thing! She did great at the wedding on Saturday, too. The ceremony in Capitol Park was lovely and meaningful; the reception was perfect: everything, from the food to the home-brewed beer to the cupcake platters to the music (J played our wedding song for Vince and me to dance to!) had meaning and connection - and you know how I love meaning and connection!


with Jennifer, the GORGEOUS bride

A friend who's on a similar path asked me if Vince and I had been to a wedding since Vivian was born. We hadn't until this weekend. Listening to Jennifer and Greg's beautifully written personal vows reached into new part of my heart - a part of my heart that I didn't know existed before Vivian's birth. When someone asks me where I get my strength as we've walked this curvy road, my mind goes straight to Vince. He is my rock. His unconditional love, confidence in our ability to have a beautiful life and focus on what's really important even in the midst of winding curves inspires me. My friend said it so beautifully: We sit at weddings now, listening and breathing in those vows in ways that most brides and grooms can't fathom until life hits them...

Life has hit us - our vows have been put to the test - after Vivian was born I inherently understood that this experience can pull us apart or bring us closer than ever. Listening to Jennifer and Greg's vows reaffirmed that I have chosen well for this journey. Jennifer has chosen well, too - Happy, Adventurous and Joyous Wishes for Jennifer and Greg! We were so happy to be part of your special day - there is nothing like the wedding of two people who were made for each other. And you two were.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has got to be one of the greatest pictures!! It's so funny how Moriah and Vivian are quite the Divas =)Can't wait to get these girls together to play! What a wonderful friend to have made the wagon for Viv.
Talk to you soon.
Love,
Victoria

AmyK said...

She is so scrumptious! What a fancy girl indeed! Did she every try to climb out? E got a wagon for his b-day and I have yet to take him out into the world as I am afraid he will try to climb out...he has yet to respond to the word No ;)

Sara said...

Fancy Vivian! I don't blame you one bit for wondering why you've never been in such a fancy wagon before--You were made to ride in a wagon like that! I love it. I bet you were the cutest thing there.

Congrats to Jennifer and Greg! Hannah, you are so right about experiencing life's curve balls. Everyone needs to choose wisely.

Kristi said...

Oh my, oh my, Miss Vivian! I bet that Jennifer and Greg didn't mind one bit that you upstaged them at their wedding! You look absolutely adorable... so "STINKIN' CUTE!" as we like to say around here! :-)
Congrats to the bride and groom!

Hannah, have you been wagon shopping, yet?!

Crystal M. said...

What an adorable flower girl!! One of the cutest I have ever seen!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

I'm not sure who looked more beautiful--the bride or the flower girl! Miss Vivian is absolutely adorable in her wagon!

Catherine L said...

You know, Vivian is coming on so well with her gross motor skills, sitting up so well in so many of yr pics. I wanted to ask you how I go about making such a beautiful book as you did last year as other than the blog, I have nothing tangible of the last year, barely a printed out photo. How pathetic hey!

http://benbobenopolis.blogspot.com/2007/12/vivians-book.html

angie said...

how happy to see you and Vivian again! i feel like i've been out of town forever...and i've missed clapping, and flower girling, and an amazing party! hello - kiss Vivian for me!